To assist you with your entry into the fast, fun game of AFL 9s, AFL New Zealand will continue to schedule “Have a Go” sessions and provide coaching and skill demonstrations to ensure there is every opportunity to have fun whilst learning the skills of a new game.
There is no charge to attend these sessions but please register your team or yourself so we know you will be attending.
We can come to you!
Thinking of getting a work team or group of friends together? AFL 9s is a a great team building sport and a lot of fun. Contact us and we can organise a friendly AFL New Zealand staff member to come out to a location of your choice and run your team through their very own “Have a Go” session before the competition starts. And it’s for Free!
Sessions with the (TD) abbreviation are Tournament Days where you will have the opportunity to have a orientation training session then play as a team in a tournament competition. For more information and to register for a AFL 9s Tournament Day click here.
Upcoming “Have a Go” sessions
Kensington Park, Whangarei;
- AFL Kiwikick (ages 5-12): Tuesday September 18th, 3:30-4:30pm
- Ages 12-17: Tuesday September 18th, 4:30-5:30pm
- Families & Adults: Tuesday September 18th, 5:30pm onwards
- Families & Adults: Sunday September 30th, 2:00pm onwards
- Everyone: Saturday November 17th, time TBC
- Families & Adults: Saturday October 13th, 1:00pm onwards
- Everyone: Tuesday October 16th
- Everyone: Saturday November 24th, time TBC
- AFL 9s, U14, U17, Mens, Mixed & Ladies competitions: Thursday 18th, 5:00pm onwards
You must log in to post a comment.