This programme focuses on the two main fundamental skills of AFL, Kick and Catch. Through a modified game participants gain an insight into the skills required for the bigger game of AFL, that can also be used as a Have a go or participation/social competition.
With the introduction of AFL Force Back through Have a go or Competition, links can be made to Secondary School AFL Cup Interschool competition and outside of school opportunities with the AFL New Zealand Youth Competition.
- Provides an affinity to the sport
- Develop skills that can be transferred across codes
- Leads into a Player Pathway for the students, promoting and increasing physical activity
- Links to curriculum – Ball Sports, International Sports, skill acquisition
Session Overview & Content:
Instruction on skills and competition King of the court or Round Robin.
- One off or over a number of days the competition can be adjusted to suit the requirements of the school/group
- Lunchtime is the recommended time for the competition, but can also be used during curriculum time
- Any field is sufficient to play AFL Force Back, if fields are closed or there’s bad weather, courts or gym works really well.
- All resources in the form of footballs, cones and field set up will be supplied by AFLNZ.
$30 + gst is the cost for an AFL New Zealand Coach for 1 hour per class up to 30. AFL New Zealand is involved in funded programmes that can reduce costs for your school in some cases.
For more information, contact Rebecca Smith, National Youth and Female Development Manager for further information email@example.com or 021 388 207.