AFL Leadership takes on the concept of students provided with leadership skills and the capability of running a tournament within their own school or at local primary and intermediate schools. Sessions focus on the elements of game understanding, coaching, umpiring and game and event management.
- Practical environment for educational assessments
- Structured session plans to assist designated outcomes
- Transferable skill development to other sports: playing, coaching, umpiring, management
- Promoting and increasing physical activity for students
- Accreditation and professional development for teachers and students
- AFL self sufficiency within your school
- Potential employment
- Time spent can vary and is recommended AFL Leadership programme runs over 6 – 8 Practical sessions for your Leaders followed by 6 weeks of AFL House rules tournament delivered by your Leaders with the assistance of AFL NZ
- Practical sessions can be conducted during class sessions with the House Rules competition during Lunchtimes, after school or time that suits
- Coaches booklet
- Equipment relevant to delivery of sessions and tournament
- Staff to assist with game day management
- Spot prizes and Trophy where applicable
$420 + gst will secure your AFL Leadership programme. AFL New Zealand is involved in funded programmes that can reduce costs for your school in some cases. Programme costs are dependent on time, sessions, staff involved, commitment to resource kits and ongoing activity and the combination of programmes undertaken by the school.
For more information, contact AFL New Zealand for further information email@example.com, 021 966648 or 09 448 0305.