Former New Zealand Falcon James Bowden, will lace up the boots again after signing with the Southern Saints for the 2022 AFLNZ Men’s Premiership.
The Cantabrian was apart of the Central Giants set up for the three seasons, before taking up the job of the Northern Suns head coach in 2019.
Bowden was the leading goal kicker for the Giants during the inaugural premiership season and played a pivotal role on the field for the development of the Giants younger squad members.
His career has seen him participate in in three International Cup campaigns including a ‘Best on Ground’ performance in New Zealand’s only victorious International Cup victory on the MCG against Papua New Guinea. National Provincial Championship victories with the Canterbury Cobras and a multitude of premierships in the CAFL with the Eastern Blues are also credits on his report card.
The Saints also announced the signings of another eight players from the Canterbury region, who will be added to the squad for the upcoming season.
- Conner Hamlin (University Cougars)
- Phillip Henderson (Eastern Blues)
- Jacob Edy (University Cougars)
- Jaymee Woodin (University Cougars)
- Jedidiah Williams (Eastern Blues)
- Carl Schwartz (Mid Canterbury Eagles)
- Daniel Farrar (Eastern Blues)
- Hamish Ross (University Cougars)