NZ Youth Girls to host Mornington Peninsula Youth Girls in Wellington
15 Feb, 2018
The AFL New Zealand Youth Girls will play a 2 game series against the Mornington Peninsula BlueScope Steelers Youth Girls in Wellington over the ANZAC Day weekend.
They will be joined by an Under 14 and Under 16 side from Mornington who will also make the trip over and compete in a series against the AFL New Zealand Level 1 and Level 2 sides respectively.
The Mornington Peninsula BlueScope Steelers return to New Zealand for the second year and the League is looking forward to the trip to the land with the long white cloud.
President of the region Andrew Souter and his Committee, has been successful in creating an annual fixture between the four teams and this has been supplemented by a Under 14 team also being represented in a two match series against the AFL New Zealand Academy Level 1 side.
- A welcome function on arrival to unite New Zealand and Mornington participants in preparation for the tour ahead
- Three series against New Zealand Representative teams;
- The opportunity to experience the New Zealand Haka as a challenge of respect.
- Attendance at the AFL New Zealand High Performance Awards Function
- After match functions with the presentation of awards
- Attendance at the ANZAC day dawn service on the morning of April 25th
The Youth Girls have the added incentive of playing at Wellingtons Westpac Stadium as a curtain raiser to the AFL Academy vs New Zealand clash, which is sure to attract interest.
Following on from the ANZAC Day weekend, AFL New Zealand will have an Under 18 National team travel to Mornington in Melbourne where they will firstly link with local clubs before playing a game against local opposition and a chance to visit the home of AFL for a great experience.