Each week throughout the 2021 Premiership season, AFL New Zealand will announce the ‘Team of the week’ which will feature the 24 best players from the previous weekends round.
It is a star studded round 1 team of the week, where we have 6 players making their debut. The rest of the squad have made appearances in past seasons.
Priority picks, Brandon Sucu and Declan Crann headline the back line after both having outstanding games.
New recruit Will Dickinson joins his Crows Captain, Jay Johnson in the midfield. Dickinson was best on ground in his debut game for the Crows. Giants number 1 draft pick, Xavier Rice was selected after his 4 goals and dominant performance.
Goal kicking machine, James Southby kicked 3 goals in round 1 against his former side and is joined by 2019 Best and Fairest, Jay Green in the forward line.
- Southern Stars add premiership experience to their squad
- Western Ravens announce Leadership Group
- The Auckland AFL Club, the North Shore Tigers will target the support of their players as they push for higher honours in 2024
- Shakers secure experienced premiership campaigners
- Brisbane run it home in the fourth quarter to win second title