Each week throughout the 2021 Premiership season, AFL New Zealand will announce the ‘Team of the week’ which will feature the 24 best players from the previous weekends round.
It was a big week for the defenders in the Premiership with a number of goal less quarters. Giants Captain, Harison Manks and Troy Brown feature, while James Castle and Dan Brooks from the Crows make their debut.
Henry Russell from Canterbury had his best game of the season and is rewarded with a spot in the midfield. Giants midfielder, Tristan Burnett was fantastic again and slots into the side.
James Southby’s 5 goals, earn him his spot in the forward line and Crows forward, Robert Harris makes his debut after a 4 goal performance in their win over the Suns.
- The Auckland AFL Club, the North Shore Tigers will target the support of their players as they push for higher honours in 2024
- Shakers secure experienced premiership campaigners
- Brisbane run it home in the fourth quarter to win second title
- Community Matter helping AFL New Zealand provide opportunities to youth in the Northland region.
- Counties youth gaining more sporting opportunities thanks to the support of Community Matter