Each week throughout the 2021 Premiership season, AFL New Zealand will announce the ‘Team of the week’ which will feature the 24 best players from the previous weekends round.
The Waitakere Magpie duo of Tevita Misiloi and Josh Copeland were both hard to beat in defence and slot into the backline.
Dale Johnson, who was best on ground for the Saints over the weekend, headlines the midfield and is joined by Henry Russell (Crows) and Suns Captain, Ben Hick.
Sam Anderson was a shoe in to make the team of the week after his final kick winner against the Giants. Crows team mate, Brendan Clark joins Anderson in the forward line alongside James Southby (Giants) and James Kusel (Saints).
- Brisbane run it home in the fourth quarter to win second title
- Community Matter helping AFL New Zealand provide opportunities to youth in the Northland region.
- Counties youth gaining more sporting opportunities thanks to the support of Community Matter
- Saints name extended leadership group
- AFLW Grand Final stage is set