The NZ All Stars Coaching staff have announced that Tristan Burnett and Andriu Sucu will Co-Captain the side when they run out on North Harbour Stadium against the NZ Falcons in September .
In a first for AFL New Zealand, the game will be an addition to the calendar and provide a solid contest for players currently playing at the highest level. With international travel restriction starting to abate it is expected that a surge of opportunities will present themselves to the New Zealand Teams Programme.
Ineligible for NZ selection, Burnett is one of the hardest working players in the country.
The reigning Auckland AFL Best and Fairest winner is a consistent ball runner who gives it his all in every game.
Burnett has been a key member of the Giants over the past five seasons and was named best on ground in the 2021 Grand Final
Andriu Sucu has achieved a lot in his time playing AFL. The 2017 AFL New Zealand Premiership Player of the Year has represented NZ since 2008 and has won multiple Premierships at local and national level.
Playing the sport since 2005 as a 15 year old for the North Shore Tigers in the Auckland AFL, Andriu’s height and strength along with his knowledge of the game makes his a top choice to captain the All Stars.
- Giants stun Saints with fourth quarter flurry
- From Auckland to the AFL, Mykelti Lefau a Richmond Tiger
- BREAKING: Former Falcon set to sign with Richmond for the 2024 AFL Season
- AFLNZ Academy Footy Frenzy Weekend to Hit North Harbour Stadium in Auckland
- Youth Programme’s Auckland Hubs have a successful season