In light of yesterday’s Covid-19 announcements, all Auckland based AFL activity (contact and non-contact training) is currently postponed, subject to Government updates.
AFL New Zealand reminds our Auckland community that at Alert Level 3, both contact and non-contact sport of any kind is not allowed outside of your bubble. It is important that we all continue to stay home and stay safe.
For the remainder of the country in Alert Level 2, non-contact training can take place both indoors and outdoors with public health measures.
More detailed information on Sport and Recreation under all Alert Levels can be found here. These are guidelines and may change with the ongoing situation.
AFL New Zealand will continue to work with Sport NZ around return to play protocols and will provide updates as they come to hand.
Each individual group will be affected differently throughout NZ. Further email correspondence will be directed to Premiership and Academy participants, detailing actions to be carried out for the remainder of the week.
Remember, if you feel unwell, please stay home.
- Brisbane run it home in the fourth quarter to win second title
- Community Matter helping AFL New Zealand provide opportunities to youth in the Northland region.
- Counties youth gaining more sporting opportunities thanks to the support of Community Matter
- Saints name extended leadership group
- AFLW Grand Final stage is set