One of the biggest nights on the Canterbury AFL calendar of events, the awards were held at the Redwood Tavern and the majority of the footy community attended the evening celebrating the 2020 season.
Christchurch Bulldogs star Toby Foley and Mid Canterbury Eagles Captain Josh Robles shared the 2020 Best & Fairest player award after a phenomenal and consistent season.
Andrew Howison and Adem Manderovic took out Coach of the Year after guiding the Eagles to an undefeated season and a Premiership.
The Rookie of the Year went to Lane McSkimming who stood out from the pack all season.
2020 Canterbury AFL award winners:
Best and Fairest: Josh Robles, Mid Canterbury Eagles and Toby Foley, Christchurch Bulldogs
Rookie of the year: Lane McSkimming, Mid Canterbury Eagles
Coach of the year: Andrew Howison and Adem Manaderovic, Mid Canterbury Eagles
Golden Boot: Mark Orr, Mid Canterbury Eagles
Players player of the year: Kris Wilder, University Cougars
Umpire of the year: Anthony Calderone
Volunteer of the year: Matt Cawley
- Brisbane run it home in the fourth quarter to win second title
- Community Matter helping AFL New Zealand provide opportunities to youth in the Northland region.
- Counties youth gaining more sporting opportunities thanks to the support of Community Matter
- Saints name extended leadership group
- AFLW Grand Final stage is set