The Under 18 New Zealand side will tour to Melbourne, Australia to play two games against a Mornington Peninsula Interleague side and a local Secondary School from the region from May 8th -13th.
This will be the third trip to Melbourne for the U18’s and follows on from the Mornington Peninsula Junior Football League’s tour of New Zealand over ANZAC weekend in Wellington.
Part of the tour will provide the team an insight into Australian club football and attending an AFL game at Etihad Stadium.
New Head Coach Izaak Williams has assembled a strong squad which includes players who recently made their debut in the NZ senior side Declan Crann, Josh Morgan-Ranui and Will Kempt.
Regulars, Misilifi Faimalo, Josh Mackie and Joseph Aleisch-Tamariki are also included in the side as they will look to return to New Zealand having developed as players and build their knowledge of the game of AFL.
Tuesday 8th May:
- Mornington Peninsula Welcome Function – 7.00pm Hastings Football Club.
Wednesday 9th May:
- AFL New Zealand U18’s vs Hallam Senior College – 6.00pm, BlueScope Oval, Hastings.
Thursday 10th May:
- St Kilda Football Club Training.
- Tour of St Kilda Football Club.
Friday 11th May:
- AFL New Zealand U18’s vs Mornington Peninsula Interleague side – 6.00pm, BlueScope Oval, Hastings.
Saturday 12th May:
- AFL Match: Western Bulldogs vs Brisbane Lions – Etihad Stadium.
Congratulations to all involved and good luck for the trip.
|Declan Honan - Crann
|Joshua Morgan - Ranui