Former Western Crows midfielder Justin Gauci has made the transition into coaching and will take on the top job for the Central Giants for the 2021 AFL New Zealand Premiership season.
Gauci was a foundation player for the Western Crows in 2016 before relocating to Australia for work in 2017.
During his time in New Zealand, Justin volunteered with local footy and the AFL New Zealand Youth and Academy Programme.
Having recently returned to NZ, Justin jumped at the opportunity to be back involved with the national competition.
“I can’t wait to be back involved in the Premiership next season. The competition has come a long way since 2016 and has developed a high number of players, coaches and umpires.”
The 32 year old will be a welcome addition to the Giants who are looking to bring a fresh feel to their 2021 squad.
“I’m excited to get to work with the Giants and looking forward to a successful 2021 campaign.”
- The Auckland AFL Club, the North Shore Tigers will target the support of their players as they push for higher honours in 2024
- Shakers secure experienced premiership campaigners
- Brisbane run it home in the fourth quarter to win second title
- Community Matter helping AFL New Zealand provide opportunities to youth in the Northland region.
- Counties youth gaining more sporting opportunities thanks to the support of Community Matter