Former Northern Sun’s squad members Reed Cathcart and Josh Allen will return to the Premiership side in 2021 as priority draft picks.
Reed Cathcart is one of the most exciting players in the country.
The Uni Blues star is fast, agile and an amazing mark.
Reed dominated the 2019 Premiership and was rewarded with a spot in the NZ Falcons squad to play the AFL Academy at Marvel Stadium in Melbourne.
Look for Reed to make a sudden impact in round 1 on February 14, 2021.
Ruckman Josh Allen is a Sun once again after returning to the Premiership after a two year lay off through injury.
A quiet achiever, Josh had a breakout season in 2018 and capped off the year with his inclusion into the New Zealand Senior side who played the AFL Academy in Wellington over ANZAC weekend.
Having the added experience of playing against the best young players Australia has to offer, Allen will take that knowledge into the 2021 season and work alongside midfielders Patrick Smith and Ben Hick as they strive for Premiership glory.
- The Auckland AFL Club, the North Shore Tigers will target the support of their players as they push for higher honours in 2024
- Shakers secure experienced premiership campaigners
- Brisbane run it home in the fourth quarter to win second title
- Community Matter helping AFL New Zealand provide opportunities to youth in the Northland region.
- Counties youth gaining more sporting opportunities thanks to the support of Community Matter