Auckland AFL players Daniel McCarthy and Tom Hayhoe have been retained by the Northern Suns for the 2021 AFLNZ Premiership.
Former rising star Daniel McCarthy will be a Sun once again in 2021.
Daniel is a consistent player and is hungry for more development. He plays for the Howick Hornets in the Auckland AFL and continues to hone in on his skills in hope of one day playing for the New Zealand Falcons.
Daniel represented the AFL New Zealand Academy Level 2 side in April 2019 and his next goal is to the make the NZ U18 side.
Tom Hayhoe will be a Sun in 2021 after a spectacular season in 2020.
The defender was superb throughout the year and was rewarded with his selection into the 2020 Premiership Team of the Year.
Tom is currently playing for the North Shore Tigers in the Auckland AFL and can’t wait for an exciting 2021.
- From Auckland to the AFL, Mykelti Lefau a Richmond Tiger
- BREAKING: Former Falcon set to sign with Richmond for the 2024 AFL Season
- AFLNZ Academy Footy Frenzy Weekend to Hit North Harbour Stadium in Auckland
- Youth Programme’s Auckland Hubs have a successful season
- Premiership Players begin preparations for a big year ahead