The Under 18 New Zealand squad has been announced to play the Port Adelaide Indigenous Academy on Sunday December 3rd at QBE Stadium on Auckland’s North Shore.
Head Coach Dave Abetz has selected a strong squad which includes New Zealand International Cup squad members Misilifi Faimalo from Wellington and Josh Mackie from Otago.
Congratulations to all involved!
New Zealand U18’s vs Port Adelaide Indigenous Academy
QBE Stadium, Albany, Auckland
Sunday, December 3rd
Kick off: 12.00pm
|Couper Jones||North Harbour|
|Isaac Piper||Counties Manukau|
|Jackson Hemmingsen||North Harbour|
|Jevaan Croft||Counties Manukau|
|Joshua Morgan Ranui||Wellington|
For Port Adelaide, the tour will have a variety of cultural, football and friendship experiences available to the travelling teams. The itinerary will include;
- Experiencing Māori cultural performances at Mitai Maori Village in Rotorua
- Relaxing in the Polynesian Spa
- Experiencing the Pōhutu geyser at Puia Geothermal Park
- Rafting down the rapids of the Kaituna River
- Hiking one of the best walks in New Zealand on the Tongariro Crossing
- A welcome function on arrival to unite New Zealand and Port Adelaide participants in preparation for the tour ahead
- The opportunity to experience the New Zealand Haka as a challenge of respect.
- A match against the U18 New Zealand side at QBE Stadium
- After match functions and presentation of awards including a Māori feast prepared in the traditional Hangi style.
AFL New Zealand will be live tweeting the game, so make sure you follow us @AFLNZ.