The Southern Saints will have the services of gun forward James Kusel for the 2021 AFLNZ Premiership after he was retained this morning.
Hailing from Wellington, James was the inaugural Captain of the Northern Suns from 2016-2018 where his best achievement was leading them to second place in 2017.
Having spent some time away from the game in 2018, James returned in 2020 and was picked up by the Southern Saints in the national draft.
Kusel has a playing career that stretches back over a fourteen-year period. Debuting for New Zealand in 2006, Kusel faced a baptism of fire at the Australian Country Championships as a young key forward at only 17 years of age.
James has represented New Zealand at the 2017 International Cup and played a key role in the midfield which saw the national side reach the Grand Final, played on the MCG.
- Giants stun Saints with fourth quarter flurry
- From Auckland to the AFL, Mykelti Lefau a Richmond Tiger
- BREAKING: Former Falcon set to sign with Richmond for the 2024 AFL Season
- AFLNZ Academy Footy Frenzy Weekend to Hit North Harbour Stadium in Auckland
- Youth Programme’s Auckland Hubs have a successful season