2020 Premiership Best and Fairest winner, Andrew Bisset has been unveiled as the new Captain of the Southern Saints.
Bisset will take over from Michael Boyce who has held the role for the past 5 seasons and led them to 2 Premierships.
It has been a year to remember for the Wellington based Bisset. He was awarded the competitions Best and Fairest followed by a Premiership in the same day. He was also named in the Premiership Team of the Year.
“It’s an honour to be asked to captain the Southern Saints in the Premiership. Michael Boyce and the coaching staff have built a great culture over the year’s and it show’s on the footy field.”
Playing in his second season in the competition, Bisset has been a consistent standout player all season.
Andrew is a strong defender and is also a great runner of the football. Hardly beaten in a one on one contest, the 27 year old has hopes of one day representing the New Zealand Falcons.
Bisset plays for the Wellington City Saints in the Wellington league.
- From Auckland to the AFL, Mykelti Lefau a Richmond Tiger
- BREAKING: Former Falcon set to sign with Richmond for the 2024 AFL Season
- AFLNZ Academy Footy Frenzy Weekend to Hit North Harbour Stadium in Auckland
- Youth Programme’s Auckland Hubs have a successful season
- Premiership Players begin preparations for a big year ahead