Nico and Carlos Donnell-Brown will once again run out for the Southern Saints in the 2021 AFLNZ Premiership after they were retained this morning.
22 year old Carlos ‘The Weapon’ Donnell-Brown will remain at the Southern Saints in 2021.
In his short time playing AFL, Carlos has won the National AFL Cup Secondary Schools Competition with Green Bay High School, won the 2016 Auckland AFL League with the Waitakere Magpies in an undefeated season, he is an NPC winner with Auckland, played for the NZ Academy Level 2, U18’s (Captain) and Senior sides and has won 2 AFL New Zealand Premierships with the Saints.
Carlos made his International Cup debut in 2017 and his accomplishments at still such a young age shows that Carlos has a bright future in the AFL New Zealand community.
It will be Nico’s sixth straight season for the Southern Saints in 2021.
Nico has developed into a talented key defender and is making it harder for his opposition to score each year.
With a good performance in next seasons Premiership, Donnell-Brown could see himself in line for a spot in the NZ Falcons squad.
- From Auckland to the AFL, Mykelti Lefau a Richmond Tiger
- BREAKING: Former Falcon set to sign with Richmond for the 2024 AFL Season
- AFLNZ Academy Footy Frenzy Weekend to Hit North Harbour Stadium in Auckland
- Youth Programme’s Auckland Hubs have a successful season
- Premiership Players begin preparations for a big year ahead