Talented youngsters Heta Scarf-Matthews and Ahku King are the latest players retained by the Northern Suns for the 2021 AFL New Zealand Premiership.
Formerly based in Nelson and Otago, NZ senior squad member Heta Scarf-Matthews now resides in Auckland and will play his sixth season with the Northern Suns in the 2021 Premiership.
With a background playing Soccer, the Otago representative reads the play extremely well and is tough around the contest.
The 2016 AFL New Zealand U18 Player of the year will be called upon to step up his game to another level in 2021.
Manurewa Raiders star Ahku King burst onto the Premiership scene in 2019 and had another strong season in 2020.
King produced some stunning football throughout the season and has represented NZ at Under 18 level.
With more confidence in his game, expect King to do big things in 2021.
- From Auckland to the AFL, Mykelti Lefau a Richmond Tiger
- BREAKING: Former Falcon set to sign with Richmond for the 2024 AFL Season
- AFLNZ Academy Footy Frenzy Weekend to Hit North Harbour Stadium in Auckland
- Youth Programme’s Auckland Hubs have a successful season
- Premiership Players begin preparations for a big year ahead