Former Casey Demons VFL player Dale Johnson will play for the Southern Saints in the 2021 AFL New Zealand Premiership after he was chosen as the clubs Wildcard.
Originally from country Victoria in Australia, Johnson landed in Auckland in early 2020 and joined the North Shore Tigers in the Auckland AFL.
The hard running midfielder is a player full of talent who was part of the Gippsland Power in the national under 18 competition back in 2012.
In 2015, Dale was part of the Casey Demons squad in the VFL, the same club that NZ Falcon Mykelti Lefau plays for in Melbourne.
Dale will bring with him a heap of experience to the Saints and will fit right in to the midfield alongside Carlos Donnell-Brown, Josh Robles-McGill and 2020 Best and Fairest Andrew Bisset.
- Brisbane run it home in the fourth quarter to win second title
- Community Matter helping AFL New Zealand provide opportunities to youth in the Northland region.
- Counties youth gaining more sporting opportunities thanks to the support of Community Matter
- Saints name extended leadership group
- AFLW Grand Final stage is set