Title: AFL New Zealand Youth Coach Status: OPEN
Reports to: AFLNZ Youth Competition Manager
Key Links: AFLNZ Youth Competition Manager, AFLNZ Development Coaches, AFLNZ Physio, Youth Coaches, Youth Team Managers, Participants.
Employment type: Volunteer
Position duration: from appointment to end of December 2023.
Core contact hours: Saturdays and/or Sunday’s, 9.00am – 1.00pm from October 30th until December 11th .
This Role will work closely with the AFLNZ Youth Competition Manager and Development Coaches and to coach and develop a positive, fun and safe learning environment for Youth to perform at their highest level within the Youth programme in accordance with AFL New Zealand framework, policies and guidelines.
- To ensure ongoing Duty of Care (DOC) and football development for all players relating to on and off field development
- To assist with set-up, delivery and review of AFL New Zealand Youth program
- To review performance of participants in the Youth Competition
- To provide leadership and carry out best practices in these specific area
Culture and leadership
- Demonstrate leadership of the AFLNZ values and behaviours both within the AFLNZ coaching and player community, and across the organisation
- Develop and foster relationships across AFLNZ coaching community and players within AFLNZ programmes
- Participate in the AFLNZ Coach Development programme
- Attend and/or Assist with delivery of AFLNZ Coaching workshops
- Assist with delivery of AFL New Zealand pathway program
- Coordinate, set-up and execute training drills
- Assist with the campaign itinerary
- Coach AFLNZ Youth team on game day
- Individual player review
- Game review